09 April 2008
MALAYSIA MY SECOND HOME
Who Are Eligible?
Malaysia My Second Home Programme (MM2H) is promoted by the Government of Malaysia to allow people from all over the world who fulfill certain criteria, to stay in Malaysia as long as possible on a social visit pass with a multiple entry visa. The Social Pass is initially for a period of ten (10) years (depending on the validity of the applicants passport) and is renewable.
It is open to all citizens of countries recognized by Malaysia regardless of race, religion, gender or age. Applicants are allowed to bring along their spouse and children (below 18 years old and not married)
Foreigners who are married to Malaysia are not eligible for MM2H programme but may apply to stay in Malaysia under the Immigration Department's "Spouse Programme" or Long Term Social Visit Pass (please refer to website http://www.imi.gov.my)
Terms and Conditions
Successful applicants are required to comply with the following financial criteris upon receipt of the 'conditional approval letter' from Malaysia Immigration Department.
i)Aged Below 50 years old
a) Open a fixed deposit account of RM300,000.00
b) After a period of one year, the participant can withdraw up to RM240,000.00 for approved expenses relating to house purchase, education for children in Malaysia adn medical purposes.
c) Must maintain a minimum balance of RM60,000.00 from second year onwards and throughout stay in Malaysia under this programme.
ii) Aged 50 years and above
a) Can either choose to:
* Open a fixed deposit account of RM150,000.00; OR
* Show proof of monthly off-shore income of RM10,000.00 such as pension scheme.
b) Only applicants who are drawing from Government Approved Funds can be considered for the "Monthly off-shore Income" criteria.
c) After a period of one year, participant who fulfills the fixed deposit criteria can withdraw up to RM90,000.00 for approved expenses relating to house purchase, education for children in Malaysia and medical purposes.
d) Participant must maintain a minimum balance of RM60,000.00 from the second year onwards and throughout stay in Malaysia under this programme.
1) Successful applicants need to open their fixed deposits in Ringgit Malaysia (RM) only.
2) Participants need to obtain prior approval from Ministry of Tourism before proceed to withdraw the fixed deposit.
3) Participants under this programme way withdraw their entire fixed deposit anytime should they decide to terminate their stay in Malaysia under this programme. However, they must obtain prior approval from the Ministry of Tourism.
All applicants and their dependents (spouse and children) are required to submit a medical report from any private hospital / registered clinic in Malaysia.
Approved participants and dependents (spouse and children) must possess a valid medical insurance policy which is applicable in Malaysia.
Participants under Malaysia My Second Home Programme are not allowed to work / be employed while staying in Malaysia. In addition, they should not participate in activities that can be considered a sensitive to the local people and a threat to the security of the country.
Labuan, Malaysia My Second Home.
Please be informed that effective 15 January 2007, applications must be submitted by MM2H licensed company or by individual applicant to the Malaysia My Second Home Center.
Submission by unlicensed companies or other individuals will not be entertained.
All applicants who wish to apply to stay in Malaysia under MM2H Must submit the following documents:
1) Letter of Application (cover Letter)
- Personal background and indicate your intention to join MM2H
- With whom you wish to come (single or with family)
- Briefly explain how you will support your stay in Malaysia (Financial capabilities)
-Which financial criteria you wish to use; either Fixed Deposit of monthly off-shore income (for 50 years and above)
2) Two (2) copies of Form IM.12 (Social Visit Pass Form)
3) Two (2) passport-sized photographs
4) Personal bond (if applicants appointed sponsors)
5) A certified copy of Passport / travel document (all pages)
6) A certified copy of a Marriage Certificate (if accompanied by spouse)
7) A certified copy (s) of birth certificate (if accompanied by children)
8) Resume with 10 years of working experiences
9) Certified copy of latest 3 months bank statement / other related financial document to indicate the financial capability to support stay in Malaysia.
10) At least 3 months certified copies of pay slip / pension slip / income statement etc.
1) Items 2-4 are also required if accompanied by spouse and children as dependents
2) Dependants refer to children age below 18 years old and not married.
3) Participants fro *selected countries who are entering Malaysia with Tourist Social Visit Pass prior to approval of MM2H are required to pay for Journey Performed Visa (JP) (RM500). The payment should be made to Immigrations Department at Putrajaya before they get endorsement of MM2H sticker in their passport.
4) Certification can be done by Notary Public / Commissioner of Oath / Government Official.
5) The processing and approval process will take 10 weeks from the date of submission of the application (provided the documentation is complete)
*Please refer to: website: http://mm2h.motour.gov.my for list of countries
You may contach any of the following agencies:-
Malaysia My Second Home Centre
Ministry of Tourism Malaysia
Level 23, Menara Dato' Onn,
Putra World Trade Center,
45 Jalan Tun ISmail, 50695 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Phone: +603-2698 8533
Labuan Tourism Action Council
P.O. Box 235, 87008 Federal Territory of Labuan, Malaysia
Immigration Department of Malaysia
Level 4 (Podium), Block 2G4, Precinct 2,
Federal Government Administrative Centre,
62550 Putrajaya, Malaysia
Phone: +603-8880 1000
Fax: +603-8880 1374
Immigration Department of Malaysia, Labuan F.T
Unit B002, Level 1, Podium Level, Financial Park Complex
P.O. Box 174, 87008 Labuan Federal Territory
Phone: +6087- 412298